Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Department of Corrections

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

File an Inmate Grievance

Inmate grievances can be resolved initially by submitting an Inmate Request Slip (IRS) or discussing the complaint with a staff member or supervisor.  If, however, the inmate is not satisfied with the results of this IRS, the inmate can submit an Informal Resolution Complaint Form within seven calendar days. The inmate can then file a Formal Grievance within five calendar days of the IRS if he or she feels the issue has still not been resolved.

If the inmate is in harm’s way and the matter is an emergency or very sensitive, the inmate can file an “Emergency Grievance,” and send it straight to the Director for review.