The Resources to Empower and Develop You (READY) Center is a consolidated location where formerly incarcerated District of Columbia residents can access services from Community Based Organizations (CBOs), the Department of Corrections (DOC), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Department of Employment Services (DOES), Department of Human Services (DHS), Department of Behavioral Health (DBH), and The Mayor’s Office on Returning Citizen Affairs (MORCA), to ensure successful reintegration into the community.
**The READY Center has temporarily relocated to the Franklin D. Reeves Municipal Center, 2000 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 on the 2nd floor. The center is open on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:00am-4:00pm.
How It Works
- The READY Center engages DOC residents prior to their release from DOC custody to share information about available services.
- Soon-to-be released participants complete interest forms and a screening is conducted to determine their needs.
- The READY Center connects returning citizens released within 12 months from the DC DOC and the Federal Bureau of Prisons to District of Columbia Government agencies and CBOs for available resources and services.
Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
Participants can receive resource referrals for clothing, food, educational and work readiness and family reunification programs.
Participants may apply for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), employment and educational programs and family support services.
Participants can receive information on DOES work readiness programs such as Project Empowerment and Career Connections. Participants will be referred to appropriate programs.
Participants may apply for identification cards, renewing or replacing a driver’s license and arrange payment plans to resolve any outstanding parking or traffic tickets.
Provides linkage and referrals for participants, including emergency psychiatric care and residential services.
Provides case management and referrals for resources such as birth certificates, social security cards, ticket adjustments and various training programs.
The mission of the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants (OVSJG) is to develop, fund, and coordinate programs that improve public safety; enhance the administration of justice; and create systems of care for crime victims, youth, and their families in the District.
The DC Reentry Action Network (RAN) is the District’s leading voice on reentry issues, and the only coalition exclusively for reentry service providers and their clients
The D.C. Re-entry Navigator publication is designed to empower and equip people affected by the D.C. criminal justice system with necessary information to successfully navigate reentry and reintegration. It is intended for use by people who are currently incarcerated or recently released, people living in the community with a D.C. criminal record, or people who support those with a D.C. criminal record, such as loved ones, service providers, and community members.
- LinkU is the free online resource and referral guide for DC, Maryland, and Virginia, available for consumers and community-based organizations (CBOs). Start your search by providing your zip code and finding resources for housing, food, health and more.
- LinkU Public Site: https://linkudmv.org/ (intended for consumers to search on their own)
Are you a Community Based Organization? As an added benefit, CBOs can become "LinkU staff members", which grants the agency access to additional features.
LinkU Staff features include:
- Organizational contact information and service offerings
- Referral and outcome tracking tools
- The online Needs Assessment Tool
- Appointment scheduling
- Agency reporting and evaluation
Staff Site: https://staff.linkudmv.org/login (intended for CBOs and case managers working on behalf of consumers)
Franklin D. Reeves Municipal Center, 2nd floor Conference Room
2000 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
Mondays and Tuesdays 8:00am to 4:00pm
Phone Number: 202-790-6790
*Closest Metro: U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo*